Statement and Updated Policies During the Coronavirus
As it has always been, the health & safety of our guests and team members remains our highest priority. We are doing everything we can to ensure your travel safety and provide maximum flexibility as the situation around novel coronavirus (COVID-19) continues to evolve. The following policies have been established based on AHLA and CDC guidelines. This is our commitment to you, our guests, as we navigate through coronavirus.
We will continue to update this page with the latest information regarding booking flexibility, safety guidelines and travel safety.
Beyond that, we hope you stay healthy and safe and that you have a comfortable stay with us.
Health & Hygiene: We take great pride in maintaining the highest standards of cleanliness and hygiene. Our cleaning crew thoroughly cleans all surfaces with anti-bacterial cleaning products, and during this time we have instructed them to pay special attention to the “high-touch” areas – particularly doorknobs, remotes, handles, etc. in addition to the following:
- Extra disinfection of high touch areas in guest rooms including light switches and door handles.
- Increased cleaning frequency of public areas.
- Hand sanitizer in guest rooms and high traffic areas.
- Reduced paper amenities (like books, pads and magazines) in rooms.
- Evaluation of new technologies like ultraviolet light to sanitize surfaces and objects.
- Enhanced team member safety and well-being with personal protective equipment and enhanced training and protocols.
- We have increased the frequency of cleaning our public areas (including lobbies, staircases, door handles, etc.) and have continued the use of hospital-grade disinfectant.
- We will continue to adjust our policies and procedures in accordance with current food safety recommendations.
Travel Flexibility: We have made additional adjustments to our modification and cancellation policies to provide you with maximum flexibility while travel remains restricted in many parts of the world.
- All new existing reservations at Lokal Old City and Fishtown can be changed or cancelled at no charge, up to 7 days prior the arrival date.
- All existing reservations at Lokal Cape May and Aframe can be changed or cancelled at no charge, up to 14 days prior to the arrival date.
- Guests who change or cancel their existing reservations within the non-cancellation period need to substantiate that they’re sick or unable to travel in order to receive a full refund.
- Lokal will honor any travel advisories should they come into place and refund accordingly.
- Should any Lokal locations reclose, all guests will be fully refunded.
If you need to adjust reservations made by phone or via the Stay Lokal website you can change your reservation by contacting us at [email protected] or by phone at 267-702-4345. If you need to adjust reservations made through another travel site such as Booking.com, Orbitz or Expedia, please contact them directly for assistance.
Please note, that both Philadelphia and New Jersey are implementing mandatory 14 day quarantines from states with high COVID rates. Please refer to the appropriate website to see if your state falls under the travel advisory. If so, please contact us immediately to cancel or delay your trip. We must abide by local and state guidelines when accepting guest reservations.
We are so grateful for the love and support we have received from our Lokal Family during this very difficult time. We want you all to make good choices for your own health and safety, and we know we can all get through this together.
If you would like to, and are financially able, you can purchase Lokal Gift Cards for future stays with us here.
All Our Love,
Courtney, Chad, Barbie, Anita & the whole Lokal Team
Updated as of June 17, 2020