Preparing for Arrival
OK, this place is kind of in the middle of nowhere. That’s the charm of it, but it also can be an issue if you’re counting on good take-out food at the last minute. We highly recommend you do a bit of meal and beverage planning prior to your arrival.
We have a full kitchen here with 36″ commercial gas range, micro, toaster, griddle, a fire pit and an amazing Big-green Egg charcoal grill for your cooking needs. We have most of the basic cooking items you’d need. Click on the link below for a full list of what is provided. Please note, we do provide specific charcoal – please do not use your own charcoal or lighter fluid as it will ruin the grill.
- Charcoal & Fire Starter Sticks
- Lawn Chairs
- Audio Pro Speaker (portable and bluetooth)
- Green Egg
- Fresh Sheets, Towels & Robes
- Warm Blankets
- Shampoo, Conditioner, and Shower Gel
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Ironing Board
- Pack n’ Play with Sheets
- Toilet Paper
- Paper towel
- Salt and Pepper
- Olive Oil
- Coffee (Rival Brother’s Medium, Light, and Decaf)
- Spice rack
- 36” Gas Range
- Microwave, Toaster Oven, Dishwasher
- Refrigerator and Icemaker
- Pots and Pans – standard as well as cast iron
- Baking pans (cookie sheets, muffin tins, cake tins, bread pans)
- Mixing Bowls
- Kitchen Utensils (spatulas, spoons, serving utensils)
- Plates, bowls, glasses, mugs
- Serving Platters and Bowls
- Tea & Coffee Kettles
- French Press, Coffee Maker and Chemex
- Kitchen Towels
- Cleaning Supplies
Here are some spots on the way down from Philly you might want to visit.
- Joe’s Butcher Shop (also be sure to check out the BBQ Shack in the parking lot – it’s delish!) on 711 Gershal Ave, Elmer, NJ 09318
- Main’s Meat on Market on 1370 S Main Rd, Vineland, NJ 08360
- Bailey’s Seafood on 3531 NJ-47, Port Elizabeth, NJ 08348
- Joe Canal’s Liquor Store Millville on 2213 N 2nd St, Millville, NJ 08332
- Shop Rite of Millville on 2102 N 2nd St, Millville NJ 08332
- Lillian’s Market (Farmer’s Market) on 3834 NJ-47, Port Elizabeth, NJ 08348
- El Guacamole on 110 N High St, Millville, NJ 08332
- Maurice River Diner on 3839 NJ 47, Port Elizabeth, NJ 08348
- The Red Eyed Crab on 977 Main St, Port Norris, NJ 08349
- Eddie’s Corner (hoagies, steaks and pizza) on 1417 E Buckshutem Rd, Millville, NJ 08332
The house has three separate bedrooms and two baths. The 2nd floor has a queen bed and it’s own bath. The first floor has a queen bedroom also and a shared full bath. The basement contains a “bunk room” with four single beds built into their own cubbies.
The living room is the best room with double height ceilings and a huge wall of glass looking out at the trees. There is a 44′ long cabinet and countertop running front to back in the house. The middle is the kitchen, the front is the living room with empty cabinets for pantry needs during your stay. The back section is the bar. Stock it up and have some fun.
The vibe is super chill around here. No one will bother you and if they do, they will be super friendly. Please be considerate of our neighbors and be sure to mind our quiet hours (10 pm – 8 am).
Things to Do
Most of the charm of this place is chilling out and disconnecting. We have one fixed and one mobile fire pit. We have a huge deck, a hot tub (that can be used all year round), and a trail to a makeshift beach on the river. Feel free to take the steel fire pit down to the beach with some chairs and the little green Audio Pro Bluetooth speaker for a change of scenery. There are great sunset vibes here.
With a quick search, you will find multiple hiking and biking trails nearby. One of the favorites we discovered was heading down to the Lighthouse near the bay and then parking near Thompson’s Beach. There is a small parking area where you can walk about 15 mins down to Thompson’s beach which is totally secluded and natural. You’ll see tons of birds and wildlife. There are Bald Eagles there and two right near the cabin that we hope you get to meet – be sure to bring along the binoculars we leave for you in the house!
Please let us know if you have any questions about your upcoming stay! We look forward to having you as our guest.